Here’s a short one… A person talking is often boring. People arguing are often compelling. If you have to drop exposition, try to do it in the back and forth barbs of an argument. Let the characters use the information you need to convey as barbs in their back and forth attacks. Then your story won’t grind to a halt just because you need to tell your audience something.
Subscribe via Email
Today’s Top Posts & Pages
- The False Narrative
- How do you create a main character who is an antagonist?
- Creating Characters from Scratch
- Writing Stories About Hopes and Dreams
- The Story Mind Concept
- Identifying Your Main Character
- Protagonist and Antagonist
- How to Structure Your Story's Theme
- The Main Character Element of the Hero Stereotype
- The Dramatics of "Sweet Spots"
- Creative Writing
- Narrative Science
- Story Development
- Story Points
- Story Structure
- Writing Tip of the Day
- zzzzzzzzzzzz….. (snore)