Subscribe via Email
Today’s Top Posts & Pages
- The False Narrative
- Is Story Structure Your Enemy?
- How do you create a main character who is an antagonist?
- Writing Stories About Hopes and Dreams
- What Creates Dramatic Tension?
- Atlas Shrugged - Why Did The Films Fail?
- The Four Stages of Story Development
- The Main Character and Duality
- Identifying Your Main Character
- Storytelling Trick #1 of 50
- Creative Writing
- Narrative Science
- Story Development
- Story Points
- Story Structure
- Writing Tip of the Day
- zzzzzzzzzzzz….. (snore)
Category Archives: Uncategorized
As co-creator of Dramatica, folks often ask me what kinds of writing I do myself. Here’s one example – a rather sarcastic little poem about having other people look to you for answers… The Luminary By Melanie Anne Phillips Like … Continue reading
Does your story suffer from “Multiple Personality Disorder?” Find out in this short article that gets to the heart of your story’s identity. Psychoanalyze Your Story!
A writer recently asked, do the Dramatica software and theory support multiple protagonists (several people trying to achieve the goal for themselves)? First, the short answer is yes, Dramatica supports that. But there’s more. Here’s the long answer (bear with … Continue reading
Exactly what ARE the Protagonist and Antagonist?
Have your characters write their own life stories For your characters to be compelling, your readers will need to think of them as real people, not just dramatic functionaries or collections of traits. To help make this happen, have each … Continue reading