Subscribe via Email
Today’s Top Posts & Pages
- The False Narrative
- How do you create a main character who is an antagonist?
- How Art is Made (The Battle Between Heart and Mind)
- Dramatica Theory (Annotated) Part 1 "A Place to Start"
- Writing Stories About Hopes and Dreams
- The Main Character Element of the Hero Stereotype
- The Most Important Article You'll Ever Read on Story Structure
- "Hero" is a Four-Letter Word (Part 2)
- Origins of the Dramatica Theory of Narrative Structure
- Narrative Dynamics (Part 2)
- Creative Writing
- Narrative Science
- Story Development
- Story Structure
- Writing Tip of the Day
- zzzzzzzzzzzz….. (snore)
Category Archives: Dramatica Math & Modeling
By Melanie Anne Phillips Here are some clues for all you Dramatica theory hounds… Strong, Weak, Electromagnetic, Gravity Solid, Liquid, Gas, Plasma Mass, Energy, Space, Time Universe, Physics, Mind, Psychology Knowledge, Thought, Ability, Desire Noun, Verb, Adjective, Adverb The same … Continue reading
Dramatica is a theory of narrative that has a very specific model – rather like the DNA of narrative psychology. But, the model is just the structural linear side of the theory – a way of visualizing how narrative works from … Continue reading
By Melanie Anne Phillips Over the years, there has been considerable discussion as to whether Dramatica’s rather complex storyforming process could be operated by a natural language artificial intelligence system that could read a story and parse the text to … Continue reading
For you theory groupies, here’s a drawing I did back in 1991 or so to help Chris and myself get a better understanding of what quads really were and how they related to one another in a fractal manner.
For you Dramatica Theory Hounds, here are a couple of cryptic illustrations I jotted down as part of the ongoing extension of the Dramatica theory. What do they mean? They are all part of an attempt to more thoughoughly define … Continue reading