Subscribe via Email
Today’s Top Posts & Pages
- The False Narrative
- Is Story Structure a Myth?
- Writing Stories About Hopes and Dreams
- Know Your Story Points - Main Character "Growth"
- How do you create a main character who is an antagonist?
- Questions about Dramatica Story Expert
- StoryWeaver vs. Dramatica - What's the Difference?
- Dramatica Theory Overview (video)
- How to Structure Your Story's Theme
- Banish Writer's Block with Idea Spinner!
- Creative Writing
- Narrative Science
- Story Development
- Story Structure
- Writing Tip of the Day
Category Archives: Dramatica Basic Concepts
By Melanie Anne Phillips The central concept of the Dramatica theory of narrative structure is the existence of a Story Mind – essentially the notion that every story has its own psychology and its own personality, as if the story itself … Continue reading
By Melanie Anne Phillips This article is excerpted from some text I wrote in the Dramatica Story Structure Software. It describes an important difference between Main Characters who try to solve problems by doing things vs. those who are more internal … Continue reading
Stories have a mind of their own, as if they were a person in their own right in which the structure is the story’s psychology and the storytelling is its personality. Characters, in addition to acting as real people,, also … Continue reading