Subscribe via Email
Today’s Top Posts & Pages
- The False Narrative
- Is Story Structure a Myth?
- Writing Stories About Hopes and Dreams
- Know Your Story Points - Main Character "Growth"
- How do you create a main character who is an antagonist?
- Questions about Dramatica Story Expert
- StoryWeaver vs. Dramatica - What's the Difference?
- Dramatica Theory Overview (video)
- How to Structure Your Story's Theme
- Banish Writer's Block with Idea Spinner!
- Creative Writing
- Narrative Science
- Story Development
- Story Structure
- Writing Tip of the Day
Category Archives: Screenwriting
Excerpted from: 50 Sure-Fire Storytelling Tricks! By Melanie Anne Phillips Available in Paperback and for Kindle Movies are a visual medium. The strongest impact is created by what is seen, not what is said. Although we might marvel at well-written … Continue reading
Excerpted from: 50 Sure-Fire Storytelling Tricks! By Melanie Anne Phillips Available in Paperback and for Kindle There are some moments in some movies in which a long monolog by a single individual works well. Any inspiring public speech, for example, … Continue reading
Trick 1 Screenwriting 101 Screenplays are blueprints for movies. As such, they are not art, but instructions for creating art. Therefore, there are two things every great screenplay must have: A good story, and a clear and understandable description of how … Continue reading