Today’s Most Popular Articles
- The False Narrative
- How do you create a main character who is an antagonist?
- Writing Stories About Hopes and Dreams
- Dramatica Theory (Annotated) Part 1 "A Place to Start"
- The Story Mind (Part 4) - The Dramatica Chart
- Spin a Tale, Weave a Story
- Writing with Red Herrings
- How Art is Made (The Battle Between Heart and Mind)
- Write Your Novel Step by Step (12) "Expected Characters"
- What Creates Dramatic Tension?
- Creative Writing
- Melanie's Corner
- Narrative Science
- Story Development
- Story Points
- Story Structure
- Writing Tip of the Day
- zzzzzzzzzzzz….. (snore)
Category Archives: Narrative in the Real World
Trump and Kim Jong Un. Let’s consider the narrative behind the summit. In a movie, it is easy to see when a character does not ring true – when he or she acts in a way contrary to human psychology … Continue reading
Rather than getting caught up in whether or not Trump has the power to pardon even himself, step back and see the larger narrative. In the past controversial pardons would sometimes inflame the public, and when newly minted President Ford … Continue reading
From Melanie Anne Phillips, Owner of Storymind.com Here’s the beginning of an article I wrote back a few years ago when I was a consultant for the CIA and the NSA on narrative psychology and its application for counter-terrorism. I … Continue reading
Why do I post all these articles and videos on Story Structure? Well, aside from it being my career for the past quarter of a century, narrative theory has shown me that people think in narratives, but we also manufacture … Continue reading
Analyzing and Predicting the Activities of Groups & Organizations By Melanie Anne Phillips Based on theories developed by Melanie Anne Phillips & Chris Huntley Introduction to Dramatica Theory and Applications The Dramatica Theory of Story is a model of the … Continue reading