Subscribe via Email
Today’s Top Posts & Pages
- The False Narrative
- Is Story Structure a Myth?
- Writing Stories About Hopes and Dreams
- Know Your Story Points - Main Character "Growth"
- How do you create a main character who is an antagonist?
- Questions about Dramatica Story Expert
- StoryWeaver vs. Dramatica - What's the Difference?
- Dramatica Theory Overview (video)
- How to Structure Your Story's Theme
- Banish Writer's Block with Idea Spinner!
- Creative Writing
- Narrative Science
- Story Development
- Story Structure
- Writing Tip of the Day
Category Archives: Writer’s Block
By Melanie Anne Phillips We all know that writing is not just about assembling words, but also about assembling ideas. When we actually sit down to write, we may have our ideas all worked out in advance or we may … Continue reading
After twenty five years as a teacher of creative writing, I finally discovered the cure for writer’s block. I call it the Idea Spinner Method. It worked so well for me, I turned it into a software tool to make … Continue reading
How to Beat Writer’s Block By Melanie Anne Phillips Creator StoryWeaver, Co-creator Dramatica Download to your Kindle for $2.99 Read the first chapter free: Introduction Writer’s Block: The two most terrifying words in a profession that deals in vocabulary. Over my last … Continue reading
Ever find yourself in a creative log jam? Try the following technique excerpted from the StoryWeaver story development software to help regain your inspiration: 1. Inspiration Inspiration can come from many sources: a conversation overheard at a coffee shop, a … Continue reading
You sit in your favorite writing chair, by the window, on the porch, or in the study. You wear your favorite tweed jacket with the leather elbow patches, or your blue jeans, or your “creative shoes.” You look around at … Continue reading